[IPython-User] [notebook] c.ZMQInteractiveShell.colors being ignored

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Wed Nov 21 21:59:24 CST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Michael Aye <kmichael.aye@gmail.com> wrote:

> As subject line says, the following line in the notebook config seems
> to be ignored on 0.13.1:
>
> c.ZMQInteractiveShell.colors = 'Linux'
>
> I also tried NoColor with no change. Can somebody confirm?

Hi Michael,

thanks for the report. I can confirm this behavior. Filed under this bug:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/2610

To be clear, the configuration option you're changing there should only
affect the behavior of the `ipython console` entry point.

As a workaround, you can either use this line in your ipython_profile.py
(which will affect both the single process `ipython` entry point, as well
as the `ipython console` entry point).

c.TerminalInteractiveShell.colors = 'NoColor'

or create a new `ipython_console_config.py` which hast these two lines:

c = get_config()
c.TerminalInteractiveShell.colors = 'NoColor'

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: