[IPython-User] Do IPython notebook from ANY computer?

Lasse Nørfeldt lasse@norfeldt...
Sun Nov 25 04:16:05 CST 2012

Played around with this a bit more. Here is my experience so far

   - It's impossible to get dropbox working on it since it is an ARM device
   (I'm not that techy so I know what that actually means, other than being
   an obstacle for getting dropbox). The only alternative way to do it would
   be using a bash script https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader

   - I can access my device via ssh by an android phone or computer. This
   allow me to turn on the notebook. But it terminates every time I disconnect
   the ssh connection... not really what I wanted.. Just wanted it to be
   running all the time.
   - Chancing the profile could easily be done by "nano notebook_profile.py"
   - ipython3 is not good for all scientific libs which is why I'll stick
   with ipython2 for now.

Matthias: Could you give me an example code how to get the a module
installed from within the notebook _________?
as an example let's do sympy - could imagine something like this:

<command to disable history logging>
!pacman -S python2-sympy
<command to disable history logging>

Yours Sincerely / Venlig hilsen