[IPython-User] Introduction and question/bug report and the IRC

Dennis Daniels dennisgdaniels@gmail....
Sun Nov 25 09:21:53 CST 2012

Greetings!
My name is Dennis Daniels. I'm an Ipython .13 enthusiast. I'm a former
teacher and have built a couple of computer labs one of which was an Linux
Terminal Server lab. 1 server 35 clients all for less than 2KUSD! My
proudest moment!

I'm learning Python and see huge potential in the Ipython notebooks! I'm
really enjoying the process of learning Python much more with an open ipynb
to catch my notes and explorations. I'm also trying to find more ipynbs
esp. for learners.

I've posted many of learning sessions to youtube.

Now, for the question/bug report. I've found an anomaly that I cannot
workaround.

Ipython notebook does not load images dependably.

JPG from URL = yes
SVG from desktop/local machine  =yes
JPG from desktop/local machine = no
PNG from desktop/local machine = no

What should I do to get ipynb to load local images?
Here are the vids showing the errors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXUeJli0mnc
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwz33iCF06g

As for the IRC
There is a user 'iamaghost' that needs to be banned/kicked as it comes on
off the channel every 2 seconds.

Now talking on #ipython
* iamaghost (~iamaghost@c-67-169-118-68.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined
#ipython