[IPython-User] Introduction and question/bug report and the IRC

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Nov 25 09:58:05 CST 2012

Hi Dennis,

To use a local image, you need to pass it as the filename= parameter to
Image(). The first parameter (data=) only works for URLs or raw data. i.e.:

Image(filename='/home/dennis/foo.jpg')

To run a cell from the keyboard, use Shift-enter. Also, once you open the
brackets for something like Image( you can hit tab up to four times to
expand the display of information.

I don't know who has the necessary access to resolve the problem on IRC -
it might have to wait until Fernando has time.

Hope that helps,
Thomas