[IPython-User] browser and notebook keybindings

Daniel Wheeler daniel.wheeler2@gmail....
Mon Nov 26 09:26:59 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Matthias BUSSONNIER <
bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 21 nov. 2012 à 08:08, Jakob Gager a écrit :
>
> > In this context it is also interesting that middle mouse button pasteing
> is not working in the notebook
> > (neither in code cells nor markup cells).
> > This might also be related the the JS code-editing widget?
>
> We are preventing default action for many things in notebook widget
> because of the diversity of the browser
> (eg <esc> in FF clos websocket connexion) so there are lot of chances you
> extension is blocked because of that.
>
> You can try on a non-modified code mirror example (
> http://codemirror.net/demo/theme.html) to see wether it is IPython or
> CodeMirror itself that blocks.

Good idea. Thanks for suggesting that. The keystrokes don't work with
CodeMirror either so that's a clue. What exactly is IPython's relationship
to CodeMirror? CodeMirror looks like a really good idea BTW. I noticed that
it's keybingings are configurable,
http://codemirror.net/doc/manual.html#keymaps. Would this be worth taking a
stab at?

> We plan on making the keybindings as configurable as possible, but I don't
> know how possible it will be to give control to FF extension.

Great news.

--
Daniel Wheeler