[IPython-User] questions regarding git install

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian@googlemail....
Wed Nov 28 11:50:58 CST 2012

On 11/28/2012 05:58 PM, Dennis Daniels wrote:
> Greetings
>
> ipython .13 is already installed on my Linux Mint 13 (Ubuntu
> Precise)machine, will the git clone install properly or do I have to
> uninstall first?
>
> I'm going to guess that uninstalling is recommended but the docs make no
> mention of this. And, I should probably uninstall all of the repository
> info.
>
> What say you?

The ubuntu daily build ppa should work on mint too:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython-dev
It is pretty much equivalent to a git install except it will
automatically update (unless pinned)

it includes full python3 support and the packages will take care of
installing all the dependencies for you.