[IPython-User] questions regarding git install

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Nov 28 12:10:52 CST 2012

On 28 November 2012 18:05, Dennis Daniels <dennisgdaniels@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the quick reply but I installed the above ppa a few days ago
> and the ipython -V
> always comes back as
> .13
> not the current
> .13.1
> so I'm confused.

Note that that's a different PPA to the one we recommended before - Julian
maintains both 'ipython' and 'ipython-dev' PPAs. The latter builds the
development version every day.

Also, if you have installed IPython separately (in /usr/local), it will
override anything you've installed from apt packages.

Finally, if you're interested in IPython under Python 3, make sure you're
checking 'ipython3 -V'.

Thomas