[IPython-User] questions regarding git install

David Warde-Farley d.warde.farley@gmail....
Wed Nov 28 17:49:40 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Dennis Daniels
<dennisgdaniels@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> ipython .13 is already installed on my Linux Mint 13 (Ubuntu
> Precise)machine, will the git clone install properly or do I have to
> uninstall first?
>
> I'm going to guess that uninstalling is recommended but the docs make no
> mention of this. And, I should probably uninstall all of the repository
> info.
>
> What say you?
>
> Further, just to be clear, the git clone will also include all the needful
> like qtconsole, notebook, tornado etc. Yes?

No, you'll need pyzmq (for qtconsole or notebook), either PyQt or
PySide for the qtconsole (and of course Qt itself), and tornado for
the notebook. Each of these installs separately.

David