[IPython-User] Launching Notebook Fail

Aaron Reabow reabow@gmail....
Thu Nov 29 06:08:55 CST 2012

Awesome suggestion Thomas.

Now I have something to work with.

So, the  ipython_config.py file isn't being located.  Did I need to include
the path for ipython?

Here is the output btw.  And many thanks for the help.  I have been
scratching around for about a day on this.

C:\Users\areabow>ipython notebook --debug
[NotebookApp] Config changed:
[NotebookApp] {'Application': {'log_level': 10}}
[NotebookApp] Using existing profile dir:
u'C:\\Users\\areabow\\.ipython\\profil
e_default'
[NotebookApp] Searching path [u'C:\\Users\\areabow',
u'C:\\Users\\areabow\\.ipyt
hon\\profile_default'] for config files
[NotebookApp] Attempting to load config file: ipython_config.py
[NotebookApp] Config file ipython_config.py not found
[NotebookApp] Attempting to load config file: ipython_notebook_config.py
[NotebookApp] Config file not found, skipping: ipython_notebook_config.py
[NotebookApp] Serving notebooks from C:\Users\areabow
[NotebookApp] Adding cluster profile 'default'
[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://127.0.0.1:8888/
[NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels.

On 29 November 2012 13:57, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 November 2012 11:45, Aaron Reabow <reabow@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Would you have recommendations on how to test the websocket connection?
>>
>> I don't think that it is the firewall, because websockets are normally
>> treated like html.  I am checking this with IT though.
>>

> If there's nothing to connect to on the port at all (i.e. you can't even
> see the dashboard), it doesn't sound like a websocket issue.
>
> Try running the notebook with --debug, and see if there are any extra
> messages at the terminal that might indicate a problem.
>
> Thomas

Aaron Reabow
+27 83 649 7567