[IPython-User] agent-based simulation

Pietro Terna pietro.terna@unito...
Thu Nov 29 07:20:01 CST 2012

     Hi all,

     I'm writing agent-based simulation models in Python, using agents
that inherits the methods of the Python class 'turtle'.

     An important side effect of that inheritance is the capability of
the agents to display automatically themselves in a Tk window, following
their internal coordinates, with colors, shapes, pen-up or pen-down,
etc. (very close to a NetLogo application, with the power of Python
behind the scene).

     My goal is that of diffusing my models via
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/, in an interactive way.

     I've understood that it is not possible to include the Tk window of
the turtle class into the IPython notebook, so I ask you suggestions
about the constructions of an animated display within the notebook,
where to report agents in the positions of their coordinates, with
different colors and - but this is an optional element - shapes.

     Many thanks in advance for your advices,

     best, Pietro

--
NB my mail address is now uniquelypietro.terna@unito.it

The world is full of interesting problems to be solved!
Home pagehttp://web.econ.unito.it/terna  orhttp://goo.gl/y0zbx