[IPython-User] ipython and libstdc++

Rita rmorgan466@gmail....
Fri Nov 30 06:32:40 CST 2012

Similar to this post,
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-user/2012-March/009752.html

I have been having problems with invoking pylab in a notebook environment.

When I try to import pylab i a notebook environment I get this

*importError: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11'
not**ound (required by
..p**ython2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/ft2font.so *

Admittedly, I have multiple GCCs on my system and I am certain the GCC i
compiled python with should be used.  When I do an ldd against the
ft2font.so it resolved to the correct libstdc++ (my gcc version not OS).
When I run something like this,

LD_PRELOAD=/software/gcc-4.6.3/lib64/libstdc++.so.6
/software/python/bin/ipython notebook --profile=foo --pylab inline

everything works.

Is there a better way to do this?