[IPython-User] agent-based simulation

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Nov 30 11:31:46 CST 2012

Pietro,

We currently don't have any simple way of doing this.  We are in the
process of allowing users to create "JavaScript plugins" to implement
things like this.  BUT, even after that is in place, it is unlikely
that nbviewer will support all of the plugins that everyone writes.
But, this is an area of IPython we will start to work on heavily next
year, so please stay tuned.

Cheers,

Brian

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Pietro Terna <pietro.terna@unito.it> wrote:
>      Hi all,
>
>      I'm writing agent-based simulation models in Python, using agents
> that inherits the methods of the Python class 'turtle'.
>
>      An important side effect of that inheritance is the capability of
> the agents to display automatically themselves in a Tk window, following
> their internal coordinates, with colors, shapes, pen-up or pen-down,
> etc. (very close to a NetLogo application, with the power of Python
> behind the scene).
>
>      My goal is that of diffusing my models via
> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/, in an interactive way.
>
>      I've understood that it is not possible to include the Tk window of
> the turtle class into the IPython notebook, so I ask you suggestions
> about the constructions of an animated display within the notebook,
> where to report agents in the positions of their coordinates, with
> different colors and - but this is an optional element - shapes.
>
>      Many thanks in advance for your advices,
>
>      best, Pietro
>
> --
> NB my mail address is now uniquelypietro.terna@unito.it
>
> The world is full of interesting problems to be solved!
> Home pagehttp://web.econ.unito.it/terna  orhttp://goo.gl/y0zbx

Brian E. Granger