[IPython-User] Matplotlib animations within notebook?

Ludwig Schwardt ludwig.schwardt@gmail....
Mon Oct 1 03:12:39 CDT 2012

Hi Michael,

> Is it possible to use --pylab inline to do animations within the notebook?  Does anyone have an example notebook with figures that animate upon execution (nothing particularly fancy is desired, just getting the display right so that it updates the cell output instead of plotting many additional figures as has happened each time I've tired).

Simon Ratcliffe and I recently did this within the notebook using our mplh5canvas matplotlib backend. The backend supports animations at quite a decent frame rate. I must just get Simon to release the minor tweaks he did to IPython to make this work :-)

Regards,

Ludwig