[IPython-User] starting Ipython notebook different directories (windows)

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Thu Oct 4 12:55:21 CDT 2012

We are working on multidirectory support, but it is not there for now.
 For now I would put the common code on your PYTHONPATH and simply
import it from notebooks in the different directories.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Johan Beke <johanbeke@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to know the correct way to start the notebook server  for different
> directories. I have notebooks for several projects in several project
> folders. I 'd like to start a notebook in that folder. I have however some
> files in a startup directory in C:\Python\Scripts which I want to have for
> all project directories. Is there a good way to achieve this?
>
> (Goal is to add a explorer right click command to open folders in ipython
> notebook server. Startup files are independent of the project.
>
> Thx in advance
>
> Johan

Brian E. Granger