[IPython-User] starting Ipython notebook different directories (windows)

Thu Oct 4 13:08:20 CDT 2012

Le 4 oct. 2012 à 19:55, Brian Granger a écrit :

> We are working on multidirectory support, but it is not there for now.
> For now I would put the common code on your PYTHONPATH and simply
> import it from notebooks in the different directories.
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Johan Beke <johanbeke@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'd like to know the correct way to start the notebook server  for different
>> directories. I have notebooks for several projects in several project
>> folders. I 'd like to start a notebook in that folder. I have however some
>> files in a startup directory in C:\Python\Scripts which I want to have for
>> all project directories. Is there a good way to achieve this?

As for the right click, I think you want to do
$ ipython notebook --notebook-dir=/full/path/to/your/directory/
I'm not sure of the exact syntax on windows for the path.

But be careful, It will **start** a **new** server in /full/path/to/your/directory/
--
Matthias