[IPython-User] Notebook html templates in user profile ?

Sun Oct 7 06:37:52 CDT 2012

Le 7 oct. 2012 à 13:03, Juergen Hasch a écrit :

> Hi,
> I made a few changes to the notebook frontend, to make working with the notebook easier for me.
> For example, I added new buttons to the toolbar, allowing me run the complete notebook and also to run the notebook
> starting with the current cell.

A recent modification allows you to add button to the toolbar dynamically.
See PR #2127 for examples.
It will allow you to modify toolbar without overwriting toolbar.js

> The changed notebook.js and toolbar.js can be put into the user profile. However my changes to notebook.html can not, so
> I modified the file directly in the IPython installation.
>
> Is there a way to have IPython load the html templates from the user profile ?

I would look around

--NotebookApp.webapp_settings=<Dict>
    Default: {}
    Supply overrides for the tornado.web.Application that the IPython notebook
    uses.

maybe providing a `template_path` key
Something like
IPython notebook --NotebookApp.webapp_settings={'template_path'='/my/path/to/template/folder/'}

Be aware that we will soon migrate the templates engine/organisation and the css framework we use.
The modification should not be too invasive, but try not to heavily rely on the current state.
We are doing it in order to facilitate customization, so feel free to give us feedback.
--
Matthias

PR 2127 https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2127