[IPython-User] syntax colouring doesn't understand ... in ipython notebook on Safari

George Nurser gnurser@gmail....
Fri Oct 12 05:54:42 CDT 2012

Hi,

On 12 October 2012 11:34, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 October 2012 17:18, George Nurser <gnurser@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Minor quibble: when addressing array components with e.g. a[i,j,...],
>> the dots and closing ] appear red, and auto indentation is confused.
>> Runs fine, though.
>>
>> This is with ipython 0.13, python 2.7.3, (from macports) using Safari
>> 5.1.7  on OS x 10.6.8.
>
> It seems to be working (the dots appear red, but the closing bracket
> and indentation are OK) with master on Ubuntu+Firefox.
>
> Can you try it in the Codemirror demo at
> http://codemirror.net/mode/python/index.html ? That's also working for
> me.

The Codemirror demo works for me the same as you: the dots are red, but the
closing bracket and indentation are OK.

whereas on Safari I get e.g.
print a[2,...]
        <insertion point>

BTW, the colour scheme on Safari is generally different from CodeMirror:
greeny blue italicised comments vs amber roman
black numbers rather than green
etc...

--George.