[IPython-User] History navigation breaks in qtconsole

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Oct 12 06:33:54 CDT 2012

On 11 October 2012 17:13, Alejandro Weinstein
<alejandro.weinstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> I observe that, under some particular conditions, the behavior of the
> history navigation in the qtconsole breaks.
>
> Typically, if I type a letter, say 'a', and then press the up arrow
> key, IPython only shows the items in the history that start with that
> letter. However, under some conditions this behavior stop working.

I've also seen this, and I think it is a bug. Since you've got a
reproducible test case, can you file an issue for it?
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues

Thanks,
Thomas