[IPython-User] syntax for specifying browser in OS X 10.6.8, ipython 0.13

George Nurser gnurser@gmail....
Sat Oct 13 05:00:25 CDT 2012

On 12 October 2012 23:36, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 October 2012 17:04, George Nurser <gnurser@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm probably being dim, but the required syntax isn't obvious to me.
> > I've tried e.g.
> >
> > python notebook --pylab inline --browser Chrome
>
> If memory serves me correctly, you have to use the name of the command
> that starts the browser. On my system, Chrome is google-chrome. But I
> think it's trickier on a Mac because of the .app folders.

Seems to be;)
/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome &

 will open chrome from terminal, but
ipython notebook --pylab inline --browser "/Applications/Google\
Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome"
still gives
[NotebookApp] No web browser found: could not locate runnable browser.

cheers, George.