[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Last call for 0.13.1

David Warde-Farley d.warde.farley@gmail....
Tue Oct 16 12:24:51 CDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may want to start a deprecation cycle for the SymPy printing
> extension, which has been moved to SymPy itself as of 0.7.2.  I would
> just have the following logic:
>
> if SymPy version is 0.7.2 or greater: use the ipython version (or
> should it use the sympy version?), but emit a deprecation warning
> telling the user to just load sympy.interactive.ipythonprinting
>
> if SymPy version is less than 0.7.2: don't do any warnings
>
> And then, when it's been long enough that probably most people are
> using SymPy 0.7.2 and IPython 0.13.1 or greater, remove it entirely.

Hmm. I just fired up one of my SymPy-centric notebooks that I haven't
touched in a while with IPython master, SymPy still 0.7.1 from EPD
7.1-2, and the pretty printing is mysteriously not working with
%load_ext sympy. Any idea why?

I will try bisecting this...

David