[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Last call for 0.13.1

David Warde-Farley d.warde.farley@gmail....
Tue Oct 16 13:03:24 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
<bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 16 oct. 2012 à 19:24, David Warde-Farley a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You may want to start a deprecation cycle for the SymPy printing
>>> extension, which has been moved to SymPy itself as of 0.7.2.  I would
>>> just have the following logic:
>>>
>>> if SymPy version is 0.7.2 or greater: use the ipython version (or
>>> should it use the sympy version?), but emit a deprecation warning
>>> telling the user to just load sympy.interactive.ipythonprinting
>>>
>>> if SymPy version is less than 0.7.2: don't do any warnings
>>>
>>> And then, when it's been long enough that probably most people are
>>> using SymPy 0.7.2 and IPython 0.13.1 or greater, remove it entirely.
>>
>> Hmm. I just fired up one of my SymPy-centric notebooks that I haven't
>> touched in a while with IPython master, SymPy still 0.7.1 from EPD
>> 7.1-2, and the pretty printing is mysteriously not working with
>> %load_ext sympy. Any idea why?
>
> %load_ext sympyprinting ?
> ( note that it is currently being moved from IPython to the sympy module)

Thanks Matthias.

Was it always named "sympyprinting"? I had %load_ext sympy in my
notebook and it used to work, strangely.

Why does %load_ext sympy still work then? Does it just silently pass
with any module name? (I noticed just now that "%load_ext pickle"
works...).

David