[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Last call for 0.13.1

Tue Oct 16 13:14:33 CDT 2012

Le 16 oct. 2012 à 20:03, David Warde-Farley a écrit :

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
> <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hmm. I just fired up one of my SymPy-centric notebooks that I haven't
>>> touched in a while with IPython master, SymPy still 0.7.1 from EPD
>>> 7.1-2, and the pretty printing is mysteriously not working with
>>> %load_ext sympy. Any idea why?
>>
>> %load_ext sympyprinting ?
>> ( note that it is currently being moved from IPython to the sympy module)
>
> Thanks Matthias.
>
> Was it always named "sympyprinting"? I had %load_ext sympy in my
> notebook and it used to work, strangely.

I've always known the extension as sympyprinting.

> Why does %load_ext sympy still work then? Does it just silently pass
> with any module name? (I noticed just now that "%load_ext pickle"
> works…).

Hum; I have no idea why `%load_ext module` works, or if it should print a warning when there is no extension available with a module.
Let's say it's a feature, so that for modules that have extension bundled in it you don't have to remember the name of the extension.
--
Matthias