[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Last call for 0.13.1

Aaron Meurer asmeurer@gmail....
Tue Oct 16 13:35:18 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
<bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 16 oct. 2012 à 20:03, David Warde-Farley a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
>> <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> %load_ext sympyprinting ?
>>> ( note that it is currently being moved from IPython to the sympy module)
>>
>> Thanks Matthias.
>>
>> Was it always named "sympyprinting"? I had %load_ext sympy in my
>> notebook and it used to work, strangely.
>
> I've always known the extension as sympyprinting.
>

>> Why does %load_ext sympy still work then? Does it just silently pass
>> with any module name? (I noticed just now that "%load_ext pickle"
>> works…).
>
> Hum; I have no idea why `%load_ext module` works, or if it should print a warning when there is no extension available with a module.
> Let's say it's a feature, so that for modules that have extension bundled in it you don't have to remember the name of the extension.

Oh, well I guess this means that you don't have to use "import sympy"
as I said in my previous response.  Just "%load_ext
sympy.interactive.ipythonprinting" will work.

Aaron Meurer