[IPython-User] zmq

Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail....
Tue Oct 23 15:49:43 CDT 2012

Hi,

I use macports on my mac (Mountain Lion).  Yesterday I did a selfupdate
then a update outdated.  All ended up getting done with the exception of
zmq. The installed version of zmq on my mac is version 2.2.  I checked the
dependence on zmq and see that py27-zmq depends on zmp (no surprise here).
 Looking at the zmq page I see that zmq 3.2 rc 2 is listed as 'stable' but
that version 2.2 is listed as stable.  My question is whether there are
likely to be any problems you guys know about if I were to port install zmq
3.2 rc 2?  I am running with ipython dev and occasionally do a git pull to
keep abreast of what is the latest development version.

Thanks for any advice.

Comer