[IPython-User] zmq

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Oct 23 17:44:02 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use macports on my mac (Mountain Lion).  Yesterday I did a selfupdate
> then a update outdated.  All ended up getting done with the exception of
> zmq. The installed version of zmq on my mac is version 2.2.  I checked the
> dependence on zmq and see that py27-zmq depends on zmp (no surprise here).
>  Looking at the zmq page I see that zmq 3.2 rc 2 is listed as 'stable' but
> that version 2.2 is listed as stable.  My question is whether there are
> likely to be any problems you guys know about if I were to port install zmq
> 3.2 rc 2?  I am running with ipython dev and occasionally do a git pull to
> keep abreast of what is the latest development version.

3.2 is RC status (though frankly, I think that overestimates its readiness
a bit), and will be the 'stable' release once they are done, probably in a
few weeks or months.

3.2 should work just fine (I use libzmq master via homebrew without issue).

pyzmq builds fine against any libzmq ≥ 2.1.4, including all current 3.x
development versions.