[IPython-User] Opening notebooks not in the starting directory in Windows

federico vaggi vaggi.federico@gmail....
Thu Oct 25 07:48:54 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm using EPD Python, and when I start an IPython Notebook in Windows,
I am unable to load or open any notebooks that are not in the starting
IPython directory (C:\Python27\Scripts).  This is using the latest
version of IPython.  Copying the file to C:\Python27\Scripts and then
opening works perfectly - but attempting to both drag a file onto the
bar in the notebook, or to open it manually using the 'click here'
button both silently fail to do anything without any message.

This is not backbreaking, but it is a pain with notebooks that are
under source control.

Federico