[IPython-User] Opening notebooks not in the starting directory in Windows

Thu Oct 25 08:16:39 CDT 2012

Le 25 oct. 2012 à 14:48, federico vaggi a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using EPD Python, and when I start an IPython Notebook in Windows,
> I am unable to load or open any notebooks that are not in the starting
> IPython directory (C:\Python27\Scripts).  This is using the latest
> version of IPython.  Copying the file to C:\Python27\Scripts and then
> opening works perfectly - but attempting to both drag a file onto the
> bar in the notebook, or to open it manually using the 'click here'
> button both silently fail to do anything without any message.
>
> This is not backbreaking, but it is a pain with notebooks that are
> under source control.

Hi,

You can start the notebook with the `--notebook-dir=your-favorite-path`  flag to start the notebook in this folder. ( /!\ it create it if it does not exist )
You can also set this in your IPython .profile.

I suppose the upload fails because of some writing rights in C:\Python27\Scripts, I don't remember if there is an issue about this on github.

Hope this help.
--
Matthias