[IPython-User] Gloo: Project management within IPython

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Oct 31 11:00:30 CDT 2012

On 30 October 2012 22:26, Trent Hauck <trent@trenthauck.com> wrote:
> Ya - would love suggestions. or an

Personally, I think the mechanism for specifying imports with a list
of strings and 2-tuples is rather awkward, and it isn't easy to extend
to things like "from scipy.optimize import leastsq".

I'd be inclined to think in terms of a project startup script, which
might typically just be a series of import statements, but can be any
Python code. IPython also already does per-profile startup scripts, so
having a similar feature per-project would be natural.

I like the overall picture, though, so don't be put off that I'm
focussing on a criticism ;-)

Best wishes,
Thomas