[IPython-User] Slide mode from SciPy 2012 talk

Tue Sep 4 15:13:05 CDT 2012

Le 4 sept. 2012 à 20:45, Andy Ray Terrel a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Fernando shows some really nice features in his scipy2012 talk [0]!
> One that I can't seem to find is the slide mode.  At about 2:10 in the
> video he clicks on a button that goes to full screen and then shows
> the slide show mode when it iterates one cell at a time.  I see a
> github issue about this topic and some details on the email lists but
> I don't see anywhere that says how to get it or use it.  I would be
> very grateful if someone could point me into the right direction on
> getting this up and running.
>
> -- Andy
>
> [0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwVvqwLDsJo&feature=plcp

Fernando was running from a hackish branch I made the night before.
To be user friendly it needs a few change on the javascript size that are not been merged yet.
And some UI for metadata that has to be written would be helpful to.

You'll need pr #2127

and this gist in one markdown cell of the notebook you which to have in presentation mode.
https://gist.github.com/3097817

New slide delimiters are #==== and <!--====--> anywhere in the cell

It might need to be adapted now, and have some bugs.

Depending on what you want to do with it and time you have I could help you to have it up and running.

You can of course speed up the chance of having it merged into master by reviewing some PR,  or fix the issues of others PR whose authors are to busy to do it.

--
Matthias