[IPython-User] parallel execution with multiprocessing vs. ipcluster

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 4 15:14:23 CDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Johann Rohwer <jr@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> It turns out I needed the codeutil module that is shipped in
> IPython.utils in order to pickle code objects. Obviously ipython loads
> this by default during its startup, but it is not imported in the
> regular python interpreter. Once I copied that file into my own
> application and imported it in its __init__.py, then everything works
> fine!

Glad to hear that.  Indeed, we kept the API for ipython as similar as
possible to that of multiprocessing, so that users can stick to the
stdlib for the more basic use cases, and smoothly move to IPython if
they want/need some of the more advanced features we offer that
multiprocessing doesn't.