[IPython-User] cython magic library search path

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 5 20:08:01 CDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Chris Laumann
<claumann@physics.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I've just been playing with the cython magic trying to use it to quickly use functions defined in the GSL. Since my libgsl is installed in a nondefault location, I assume I need to add it to the library search path for the linker. I found -I for extending the include path but, following gcc, -L doesn't seem to extend the library path. Is there a way to do this from the %%cython magic?

It seems I forgot to add -L to the default options, though I'm not
sure (I just don't remember right now) if I looked into it and it
wasn't supported by the underlying distutils machinery or I simply
failed to look into it.

But it does support the -la/--link-args flag to pass extra flags to
the linker, try `-la -L/your/path` and see if that helps.

ps - obviously a PR adding -L to the default flags, if it works, would
be the ideal solution :)