[IPython-User] iPython QTConsole - Force yellow quickref guide to appear again?

Thu Sep 6 08:12:49 CDT 2012

Le 6 sept. 2012 à 12:09, Francesco Montesano a écrit :

> Hi,
> I have a question (loosely) related with the yellow box and help on functions:
> The box is great to have the list of arguments, but it does not show
> the whole docstring if it is long, so sometimes the help( function )
> is needed.
> In python and ipython console the help is shown with something that is
> like 'less' so that one can search, move around easily. And exiting
> from the help one returns to the console as was left and I can can see
> all the last commands typed. On qtconsole the help is printed on the
> screen, which makes more complicated to roam in the console.
> Would be possible to change it so that is consistent with the standard
> python and ipython help behavior?

For me the behavior is the same in both the qtconsole and the console.

Printed normally if the help is short.
Piped through a pager like less if it's longer than the size of the screen.

Doesn't it do like that for you ?
--
Matthias