[IPython-User] iPython QTConsole - Force yellow quickref guide to appear again?

Francesco Montesano franz.bergesund@gmail....
Thu Sep 6 08:34:37 CDT 2012

2012/9/6 Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>:

> Le 6 sept. 2012 à 15:17, Francesco Montesano a écrit :

>>> For me the behavior is the same in both the qtconsole and the console.
>>>
>>> Printed normally if the help is short.
>>> Piped through a pager like less if it's longer than the size of the screen.
>>>
>>> Doesn't it do like that for you ?
>> nope! The help is always piped to pager in python and ipython and
>> always printed on screen on the qtconsole
>
> Which version are you using ?
> I can't test 0.12, 0.12.1 but on 0.13+ it should open a pager for docstring longer than the
> qtconsole height
Usually I'm on 0.12.1, but I've a git clone of 0.14 done about a week
ago and I see the same behaviour in both.
I'm on Kubuntu 12.04.1, python 2.7.3

Fra