[IPython-User] iPython QTConsole - Force yellow quickref guide to appear again?

Jon Wilson jsw@fnal....
Thu Sep 6 09:30:33 CDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 01:09 AM, Aaron Meurer wrote:
> Maybe the help box should always show when the cursor is just to the
> right of the (. Or would that be too intrusive?
>
> Aaron Meurer

That sounds singularly dreadful to me.  Moving the cursor around should
be an extremely lightweight and fast operation, and having a popup every
time the cursor was to the right of a '(' would be a huge annoyance and
probable drag on code editing.  Furthermore, it would continually
obscure other code that I would be trying to look at.

Frankly, I often have the opposite problem -- in 0.13.dev (don't
remember the date I pulled from git), I sometimes have the yellow help
box pop up when I let the cursor linger too long after typing a '(', and
when that happens, I cannot get it to disappear again...

Regards,
Jon