[IPython-User] iPython QTConsole - Force yellow quickref guide to appear again?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Sep 6 13:00:25 CDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Francesco Montesano
<franz.bergesund@gmail.com> wrote:
> Usually I'm on 0.12.1, but I've a git clone of 0.14 done about a week
> ago and I see the same behaviour in both.

That's very odd, and I simply don't see how that could be happening
for you, as those code paths don't exist.  Let's make sure we are
talking about the same thing... Start a qtconsole, run %pylab, and
then type

range?

and later

plot?

In the first case, you should see a docstring printed right inline in
the console, where as the second case should open a pager that you
exit with 'q' and which doesn't leave any text printed on the console,
as here:

http://i.imgur.com/SW0z1.png