[IPython-User] IPEP 3: Multiuser support in the notebookNew Page Edit Page Page History

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Sep 7 15:21:36 CDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Jon Wilson <jsw@fnal.gov> wrote:
> Is this intended to also work in a Windows environment?  Is PAM
> available there?  (N.B. I don't personally care whether it works on
> Windows, just curious.)

We do want to support Windows, and I don't think there is any reason
we can't, but I don't know anything about authentication in Windows.
I seriously doubt if PAM works there.

Cheers,

Brian

> Regards,
> Jon Wilson
>
> On 09/07/2012 02:23 PM, Brian Granger wrote:
>> We have created a new IPEP (IPython Enhancement Proposal) to help
>> design the multiuser capabilities in the notebook:
>>
>> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPEP-3:-Multiuser-support-in-the-notebook
>>
>> If you are interested in contributing to this discussion and design please:
>>
>> * Subscribe to ipython-dev
>> * Read the IPEP.
>> * Help us discuss the IPEP on ipython-dev and work out the design.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Brian

Brian E. Granger