[IPython-User] iPython QTConsole - Force yellow quickref guide to appear again?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Sep 8 22:39:14 CDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Francesco Montesano
<franz.bergesund@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I use the ? after the command it does as you, but if I use the help
> function (help(range), help(plot)) it prints both texts on the
> console.
> The ? has the same behaviour on the qtconsole and the standard ipython
> terminal, but in the latter the help function opens a pager
> independently of the length of the docstring (and I personally prefer
> this way). Would be hard to give the help the same behaviour?
> I'm tempted to open a feature request in github to pipe the help(...)
> into the pager

help() is a builtin function in the standard library, we have no
control over it. I'm sure we could monkeypatch our way around it, but
it's not worth the effort: ? is ipython's machinery, and that's where
we focus our efforts.