[IPython-User] Pandas Series data and index printing in a line

Jason Wirth wirth.jason@gmail....
Sun Sep 9 01:13:43 CDT 2012

I have an odd problem with the iPython notebook. When printing a Pandas
Series object the index and data "wraps" to the next line. As you can
imagine, it's incredibly difficult to read.

Here is an example output. I have some random data with a date range index
that prints like this...

2012-01-10
-1.453889
2012-01-11
0.354777
2012-01-12
0.720931
Freq: D

It should, print like this...

2012-01-10   -1.453889
2012-01-11    0.354777
2012-01-12    0.720931
Freq: D

Using Firebug I found this CSS snippet as the problem. When the rule is
enabled the output wraps. Disabling the rule fixes the output.

pre, code, kbd, samp {
    white-space: pre-wrap;
}

I'm using iPython 0.13 on a Mac in Firefox 15.