[IPython-User] Vote: should we move our wiki over to github?

Sun Sep 9 04:32:20 CDT 2012

Le 9 sept. 2012 à 02:19, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Tom Brander <tombrander@tombrander.com> wrote:
>> Would also consider moving the Sphinx site to read the docs as well (keep
>> the repo in github), same argument.
>
> I don't see what readthedocs adds over hosting the sphinx build on
> github, though: in that case, it's one more moving part to worry
> about, so I'm not sure there's value in that; perhaps I'm missing
> something.

Yes, you are missing the part that sphinx ipython_directive does not work on readthedoc,
With some other stuff like numpy, integrated plot...

Which is one of the reason why we added

> This is a partial copy of IPython documentation, please visit IPython official documentation.

So no RTFD is not (yet) an option.
--
Matthias