[IPython-User] IPython Crash

Patrick Marsh patrick.marsh@noaa....
Fri Sep 7 18:21:09 CDT 2012

Hi, All,

Today I upgraded my matplotlib and python libraries to the latest versions
(MPL commit: 820985ad65be943568512dc20ae3eca4a3a0f273 and IPython
commit: a743924e7b692cb01ef9f122dae3ad0fb4a326cd) and the inline option
with IPython appears to now be broken. When trying to plot a figure,
IPython errors complaining that that FigureCanvas attribute does not exist.

I've posted a sample notebook here: https://gist.github.com/3670281 that
illustrates the problem.

You can view the notebook here: http://nbviewer.ipython.org/3670281/

I should point out that when I downloaded the source code for the latest
release of MPL from sourceforge…this version *did* work.

Thanks for any help in tracking this down.

Patrick

---
Patrick Marsh
Ph.D. Candidate / Liaison to the HWT
School of Meteorology / University of Oklahoma
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
National Severe Storms Laboratory
http://www.patricktmarsh.com