[IPython-User] qtconsole on mountain lion

Chris Laumann claumann@physics.harvard....
Wed Sep 12 03:24:55 CDT 2012

I don't remember exactly how I installed them -- my recollection of installing Qt is mostly a disjointed haze of confusing instructions and conflicting dependencies.

Now that I'm poking around, I've found a homebrew Qt and a Qt installed in my /Library/Frameworks. I'm not sure which one ipython is loading (tho I suspect the /Library one) -- is there a quick way to tell which qt modules its loading?

It doesn't seem to matter though. I found qt apps linked against both installations and they both have the same behavior: mission control but no cmd-tab switcher.

So, I suppose it's not ipython specific. Any thoughts though? My desire to fix cmd-tab behavior is not nearly strong enough to warrant wasting a morning figuring out how to reinstall Qt.

Thanks, Chris

From a qtdemo app in the /Developers area which is linked against the Framework (partial otool output):
	QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.2)

Partial otool output from Linguist.app in the homebrew area:
	/usr/local/Cellar/qt/4.8.2/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.2)