[IPython-User] pyreadline stopped working

Pete Forman petef4+usenet@gmail....
Wed Sep 12 06:22:29 CDT 2012

I'm using IPython on Windows 7 under virtualenv/pip with Python 2.6.6
and 2.7.3. I abruptly lost the readline features: prompt color has gone with
escape codes being printed literally, history completion stopped, cannot
log out with ctrl-D, etc. Actually ctr-D is reported to be a SyntaxError
and the colors look good on that. This has happened in all my virtualenv
instances. Upgrading one of them from ipython 0.12.1 to 0.13 made no
difference.

The only change I can think of is Patch Tuesday.

--
Pete Forman