[IPython-User] pyreadline stopped working

Pete Forman petef4+usenet@gmail....
Thu Sep 13 03:27:36 CDT 2012

Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson@kroywen.se> writes:

> Pete Forman skrev 2012-09-12 16:48:
>> Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson@kroywen.se> writes:

>>> Does pyreadline work under a regular python prompt? What version of
>>> pyreadline are you using?
>>>

>> pyreadline is working in Python. I pasted in the example snippet for
>> use in a PYTHONSTARTUP file. History and completion are
>> working. Should I expect color?
>>
>> pyreadline==2.0-dev1
>>
> then it is probably not a problem with pyreadline. There should not be
> color in a regular python. That is completely related to ipython.
>
> If you run ipython like this:
> python -v \Pythonxx\scripts\ipython-scripts.py
>
> then you should see a list of all packages imported during startup. Is
> pyreadline among them?
>
> Another thing to try would be to start ipython in an empty profile, and
> see if you have the same problem there
> ipython profile create EMPTY
> ipython --profile=EMPTY

pyreadline is listed during verbose startup. The only warnings I see are
about being unable to write .pyc files into C:\Program Files
(x86)\Python27\Lib but that is expected as I am not running as
administrator.

I see the same problem with the EMPTY profile.

--
Pete Forman