[IPython-User] html notebook js-python interaction

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision...
Thu Sep 20 08:53:13 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to get js-python interaction in the html notebook working
(read: kernel.execute(pyfunc, callbacks), callbacks alter the current
notebook output).

I found this gist: https://gist.github.com/2605662 that should basically
do what I want, however, I cannot get it to work. If I load it (firefox
15.0.1, ipython 0.13), I get no plot, the sliders are locked, and the
javascript console sais 'TypeError: kernel is null'.
I also tried with current 0.14, gives the same (output: Error rendering
Markdown! TypeError: kernel is null)

Background: I would like to have my objects dynamically create and alter
a html/js gui by using js <-> python interaction (I'm quite excited that
this should be possible!)

Could anyone give me a hint on how to get this flot notebook running, or
give me a basic example of changing the cell output as result from a
kernel.execute call?

Best,
Vincent.