[IPython-User] ipython cluster engines and fd limit

M. Wimmer wimmer.mike@gmail....
Thu Sep 20 10:01:57 CDT 2012

Just a little update: In fact the problem I described does not seem to have
anything to do with the file descriptor limit. In /proc/pid/fd I can see that
there are less than 1024 files open. Actually, when I try to start so many
engines that the fd limit is reached, one of the ipcontroller processes dies
(without leaving an error message in the log)

I tried to increase the logging messages by adding logging statements myself in
the code, but I'm still far from making progress (it's actually quite hard to
follow the ipython code logic, as there are many different levels of
inheritation - this is not a criticism; I'm just asking for help in this matter)

All the best,

Michael