[IPython-User] More candidates in qtconsole auto-completion

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Thu Sep 20 23:12:24 CDT 2012

This is example for auto-completion in IPython terminal console:
In [3]: api.
api.AdaptToWordStr                 api.GetMutableIterator
api.PrintVariables
api.AllWordConfidences             api.GetPageSegMode
api.ProcessPage
api.AnalyseLayout                  api.GetRegions
api.ProcessPages
api.Clear                          api.GetStringVariable
 api.ReadConfigFile
api.ClearAdaptiveClassifier        api.GetStrips
 api.ReadDebugConfigFile
api.DeleteBlockList                api.GetTextDirection
api.Recognize
api.DetectOS                       api.GetTextlines
api.RecognizeForChopTest
api.DumpPGM                        api.GetThresholdedImage
 api.RunAdaptiveClassifier
api.End                            api.GetThresholdedImageScaleFactor
api.SetDebugVariable
api.FindLinesCreateBlockList       api.GetUNLVText
 api.SetImage
api.FindRowForBox                  api.GetUTF8Text
 api.SetInputName
api.GetBlockTextOrientations       api.GetUnichar
api.SetOutputName
api.GetBoolVariable                api.GetVariableAsString
 api.SetPageSegMode
api.GetBoxText                     api.GetWords
api.SetRectangle
api.GetConnectedComponents         api.Init
api.SetSourceResolution
api.GetCubeRecoContext             api.InitForAnalysePage
api.SetVariable
api.GetDawg                        api.InitLangMod
 api.TesseractRect
api.GetDoubleVariable              api.InitTruthCallback
 api.Version
api.GetFeaturesForBlob             api.IsValidWord
 api.oem
api.GetHOCRText                    api.MakeTBLOB
 api.set_min_orientation_margin
api.GetInitLanguagesAsString       api.MakeTessOCRRow
api.tesseract
api.GetIntVariable                 api.MeanTextConf
api.this
api.GetIterator                    api.NormalizeTBLOB
api.GetLoadedLanguagesAsVector     api.NumDawgs

This is in IPython qtconsole:
In [3]: api.
AdaptToWordStr                  GetUTF8Text                 tesseract
AllWordConfidences              GetUnichar                  this
AnalyseLayout                   GetVariableAsString
Clear                           GetWords
ClearAdaptiveClassifier         Init
DeleteBlockList                 InitForAnalysePage
DetectOS                        InitLangMod
DumpPGM                         InitTruthCallback
...                             ...                         ...

I believe it's because of the initial size of IPython qtconsole window upon
startup, which I resized afterwards before entering commands, but it had no
effect.

Also in qtconsole we can use TAB once again (after evoking auto-completion)
and enter in some kind of table mode, which traverses by row while table is
made alphabetical by column. It would be more intuitive when table would be
generated alphabetically by row, as that's how cursor TAB interaction has
been made.

Anyhow, can I configure qtconsole to roll more candidates on
auto-completion?