[IPython-User] launching engines via python

Brent Pedersen bpederse@gmail....
Tue Sep 25 14:13:15 CDT 2012

Hi,
I'm attempting to understand how I can use an ipengine on an LSF cluster.
I've done something like this:

     ipython profile create --parallel --profile=lsf
     # edit .ipython/profile_lsf/ipcluster_config.py to use LSF
     ipcluster start --profile=lsf --daemonize

But, I'd like to be able to start the engines programatically.
After the above command, I can do this:

    c = Client(profile='lsf')

Is there a way to "connect" to the profile and have it dynamically launch
engines via python?
I found the IPEngineApp, but it's not clear to me how to use that.

Is there an example somewhere that launches engines via the API, rather than
the command line? Even one for PBS would be helpful.

thanks,
-Brent