[IPython-User] notebook cell URLs?

Darren Govoni darren@ontrenet....
Thu Sep 27 16:44:15 CDT 2012

Hi,
  I thought of an interesting idea to maybe add to ipython notebook
server.

Perhaps the cells on a notebook can be referenced individually via a URL
(e.g. using a # to subreference the cell),
and in doing so, the notebook server would evaluate that cell and simply
return the mime based result directly
to the browser.

In this way, cells can also be used as services to de-reference
individually in an ecosystem of interacting cells. The notebooks
could still exist for editing the cells, etc.

We would want something like this to use cells as the backend for
widgets, performing some computation and returning some desired
result. It would make things very cool and easy.

What do you think?

Darren