[IPython-User] Hotkeys notebook cell editing

Sat Sep 29 14:28:03 CDT 2012

Le 29 sept. 2012 à 21:15, Juergen Hasch a écrit :

> (Posted by mistake to IPython-dev first)
This is not an issue :-)

> Hi,
> when working with the HMTL notebook, I noticed that is is hard to
> quickly navigate when editing a cell, as Page up/down Pos1 and End keys
> only work inside the current cell. Jumping between cells requires the
> mouse. I find this especially annoying, because outside of code cells
> (no cell selected or a markdown cell), the keys work as is usual in the
> browser.
>
> Am I missing something or how do you navigate when working with notebooks ?

No you are not missing anything, shortcut are a delicate subject  for notebook especially
if we try to get cross os/browser compatibility. We are still thinking of a way to make it easily configurable.

We also thinking of a 'modal' way of moving (like vim) where esc would make the cell selected, on where you
could move from cell to cell with arrow keys and cut past full cells....etc.

In the mean time, I suggest you put what you wrote also somewhere in the ipython wiki.

Thanks.
--
Matthias