[IPython-User] Matplotlib animations within notebook?

Michael Waskom mwaskom@stanford....
Sun Sep 30 19:14:04 CDT 2012

Thanks Matthias, this is a bit janky but does do the trick!

Just to toss an idea out to the community, it might be nice to have a cell
magic function that captures animation output, converts to a movie (or gif)
 in the background, and then displays the movie.

Just an idea,
Michael